Club Deoxys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Club Deoxys! This forum is dedicated to Pokemon Battling, trading, and roleplaying! All are welcome to join!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Join the Club Deoxys Official Opening tournament today in the Tournaments section!
Welcome to the forum CrossBunnE, our newest member!

Basculin Challenge

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Green Charizard
The Genie
Green Charizard

Basculin Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Basculin Challenge   Basculin Challenge EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 7:54 pm

So I caught shiny Basculin.

Currently IV Breeding/Soft resetting for IVs:
Basculin Challenge 550
Nature:Bashful (neutral)
Ability: adaptability
Ivs:18/6/6/27/21/12

I ran i to it randomly and It was surprisingly hard to catch so I would like to use it but unfortunately the stats the most basculins use (attack and speed) are low. So I issue a challenge to the members of club deoxys help me build a set that this basculin can use.

The winner of this challenge shall win a prize. That prize is ... The respect and admiration of trainers everywhere. In all seriousness though If I use the set that you post you will be granted one free wish from The Genie! If I really really like the set I may even grant you a wish that breaks some of my rules (I will raise the level limit to 50 and I will give move tutor attacks)

Let the challenge begin!
Back to top Go down
http://pokemonwars.forumotion.com/
GᴜᴄᴄɪPᴏᴏᴄʜɪᴇ
Cute Couple Davy
GᴜᴄᴄɪPᴏᴏᴄʜɪᴇ

Basculin Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basculin Challenge   Basculin Challenge EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:04 pm

Congratulations on your St. Patric's green pokemon. It's green, So you should teach it grass type moves so that you will get SCAB. (same color attack boot)
Back to top Go down
Red
The Man, the myth, the legend
Red

Basculin Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basculin Challenge   Basculin Challenge EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:10 am

Waterfall/Toxic
Taunt
Aqua Jet
Crunch/Double edge.

It really depends on it's ability. If it's Reckless, double edge all day long. If it's adaptability, give it crunch. Also, I would recommend setting up a choice scarf. Because it's special IV's are extremely low, there's not much you can do with those. Make it a kamacazi physical. The Aqua jet, which is a priority move, allows you to ignore it's low speed. Because it's a physical move, you can inflict as much damage as possible with the choice scarf.

EV wise, max out speed and attack only.

Taunt would make a great troll move for any entry hazard users.

Last edited by Red on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GᴜᴄᴄɪPᴏᴏᴄʜɪᴇ
Cute Couple Davy
GᴜᴄᴄɪPᴏᴏᴄʜɪᴇ

Basculin Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basculin Challenge   Basculin Challenge EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 2:27 pm

Alright I'll make a serous post this time. As you may already know Basculin doesn't have a large move pool to splash around in. But anyway this what I've got for you. I was playing around on wifi today and someone's Basculine 1 hit OKed my Volcarona with an Aqua Jet. I'm pretty sure it was using a choice band and I was never able to see it's other moves but it doesn't matter.

Waterfall
Aqua Jet
Ice Beam
Double Edge/Toxic

Item: Choice Scarf/Band
IV's Speed and attack focused

Waterfall is It's strongest and most reliable STAB move and you need one to go along with your adaptability. Aqua Jet also has STAB and priority and is quite strong, nothing else to be said. Ice Beam is not a bad move considering it's SP attack is only slightly lower then it's physical attack and it has a neutral nature anyway. Ice gives it needed coverage and helps keep it from being walled by grass types. Double Edge is left over for hitting the water types that can wall you or anything else that resists both water and ice. Toxic is not a bad replacement for Double Edge if you want it to have a non attacking move.
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
The Genie
Green Charizard

Basculin Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basculin Challenge   Basculin Challenge EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:17 pm

Thanks for the responses guys but after really looking at it I've decided not to train this basculin. Even with max ev investiment in atk I only get a stat of 258 which really isn't that great and if you take out the sp.atk iv you'll see it really doesn't have great stats with the only usable ones being hp and sp.def (and lets face it basculin isn't going to be taking any hits).
Back to top Go down
GᴜᴄᴄɪPᴏᴏᴄʜɪᴇ
Cute Couple Davy
GᴜᴄᴄɪPᴏᴏᴄʜɪᴇ

Basculin Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basculin Challenge   Basculin Challenge EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 9:57 pm

@Green: Now you're only encouraging me to make more retarded, unhelpful posts when you ask for advice.
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
The Genie
Green Charizard

Basculin Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basculin Challenge   Basculin Challenge EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:59 am

GᴜᴄᴄɪPᴏᴏᴄʜɪᴇ wrote:
@Green: Now you're only encouraging me to make more retarded, unhelpful posts when you ask for advice.

I'm sorry I really should of looked into this more before posting. I guess I was just a little excited at the possibility of actually using it.

Back to top Go down
GᴜᴄᴄɪPᴏᴏᴄʜɪᴇ
Cute Couple Davy
GᴜᴄᴄɪPᴏᴏᴄʜɪᴇ

Basculin Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basculin Challenge   Basculin Challenge EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 8:06 pm

I'm also sorry. I wanted to apologize for my rude and backhanded comment.
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
The Genie
Green Charizard

Basculin Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basculin Challenge   Basculin Challenge EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 8:10 pm

GᴜᴄᴄɪPᴏᴏᴄʜɪᴇ wrote:
I'm also sorry. I wanted to apologize for my rude and backhanded comment.

No worrys I had it coming Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Basculin Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basculin Challenge   Basculin Challenge Empty

Back to top Go down

Basculin Challenge
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Club Deoxys  :: Trainer Corner :: Trainer Corner-
Jump to: