Club Deoxys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Club Deoxys! This forum is dedicated to Pokemon Battling, trading, and roleplaying! All are welcome to join!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Join the Club Deoxys Official Opening tournament today in the Tournaments section!
Welcome to the forum CrossBunnE, our newest member!

Pokemon to train?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Green Charizard
The Genie
Green Charizard

Pokemon to train? Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon to train?   Pokemon to train? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 6:04 pm

I'm always looking for new pokemon to train does anyone have a pokemon that they really like that is a good battler?
Back to top Go down
http://pokemonwars.forumotion.com/
Professor Toron
Pokemon Professor
Professor Toron

Pokemon to train? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon to train?   Pokemon to train? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 6:08 pm

Although it is very underrated, Sableye is an excellent Pokemon, especially one with the ability prankster. A great moveset for a sableye is Substitute, taunt, calm mind, and dark pulse/power gem. Taunt and Substitute make your opponent have to use attack moves and dark pulse mixed with calm mind devastates opponents!
Back to top Go down
https://clubdeoxys.forumotion.com
Green Charizard
The Genie
Green Charizard

Pokemon to train? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon to train?   Pokemon to train? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 6:14 pm

Professor Toron wrote:
Although it is very underrated, Sableye is an excellent Pokemon, especially one with the ability prankster. A great moveset for a sableye is Substitute, taunt, calm mind, and dark pulse/power gem. Taunt and Substitute make your opponent have to use attack moves and dark pulse mixed with calm mind devastates opponents!
Hmm I'll look into him. He has been on my list for a long time but I never got around too

Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Red
The Man, the myth, the legend
Red

Pokemon to train? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon to train?   Pokemon to train? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 6:20 pm

Garchomp and Salamence are some of the most powerful pokemon you can find.

Smogon Academy on Mixmence Salamence:
Quote :
Choice Scarf and Dragon Dance variants of Salamence both have something in common, despite being completely different sets—they both hate facing Pokemon such as Hippowdon and Slowbro. So, the legendary MixMence returns, ready to take such physical walls and eat them for breakfast. By using Draco Meteor, physical walls that did so well against other variants of Salamence can no longer switch in on it. While Skarmory, Forretress, and Ferrothorn may think they are safe switching into Draco Meteors, they are definitely not going to switch in to Fire Blast thanks to their weaknesses to it. To finish it off, Earthquake is used to hit Heatran and Jirachi.

Smogon Academy on Choice Band Garchomp:
Quote :
Garchomp makes a fantastic Choice Band user with its excellent Speed and massive Attack stat. With this EV spread, Garchomp reaches 333 Speed and 538 Attack, meaning it will be able to outspeed and KO most of the Pokemon in Ubers. Choice Band allows Garchomp to do insane amounts of damage right off the bat without any prior setup thanks to Garchomp's excellent Dragon- and Ground-type STAB attacks, which have near-flawless coverage. Outrage will crush anything which is not a Steel-type, and Earthquake can 2HKO most Steel-types trying to wall Garchomp. Stone Edge hits any Ho-Oh and Lugia switch-ins hard. Fire Fang can be used to 2HKO Skarmory while the sun is up. Dragon Claw allows Garchomp to use its Dragon-type STAB without locking itself into Outrage.
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
The Genie
Green Charizard

Pokemon to train? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon to train?   Pokemon to train? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 6:24 pm

Well I've trained a garchomp but I haven't trained salamence in fact I'm surprised I haven't already Laughing
Back to top Go down
Professor Toron
Pokemon Professor
Professor Toron

Pokemon to train? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon to train?   Pokemon to train? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 6:27 pm

Eh. I'm not a "choice" person. Using only one move is too easy to defend agaisnt. Just use torrent.
Back to top Go down
https://clubdeoxys.forumotion.com
Red
The Man, the myth, the legend
Red

Pokemon to train? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon to train?   Pokemon to train? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 9:07 pm

I usually take the choice band/scarf off to and give it a dragon plate of something. I like being able to choose what move I want to take down every enemy.
Back to top Go down
The Distortion God
Cute Couple Krissy
The Distortion God

Pokemon to train? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon to train?   Pokemon to train? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 2:09 pm

I highly suggest training a Bronzong. Most people would normally go for a staller or a wall, but why not use it as an attacker? I have a Bronzong that I entered in a Wi-Fi competition and everyone I challenged ignored my Bronzong and they chose to use taunt on it thinking that it had no attacks, they thought wrong. My Bronzong won many battles single handedly. (Keep in mind the competition was in double battle format.)
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
The Genie
Green Charizard

Pokemon to train? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon to train?   Pokemon to train? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 6:03 pm

The Distortion God wrote:
I highly suggest training a Bronzong. Most people would normally go for a staller or a wall, but why not use it as an attacker? I have a Bronzong that I entered in a Wi-Fi competition and everyone I challenged ignored my Bronzong and they chose to use taunt on it thinking that it had no attacks, they thought wrong. My Bronzong won many battles single handedly. (Keep in mind the competition was in double battle format.)

I've got a bronzong and he is useful when I do use him.

I've actually got a few choice pokemon. I don't use most of them too often. The only one I really use is my scizor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pokemon to train? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon to train?   Pokemon to train? Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon to train?
Page 1 of 1