Club Deoxys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Club Deoxys! This forum is dedicated to Pokemon Battling, trading, and roleplaying! All are welcome to join!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Join the Club Deoxys Official Opening tournament today in the Tournaments section!
Welcome to the forum CrossBunnE, our newest member!

Zekrom help?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Green Charizard
The Genie
Green Charizard

Zekrom help? Empty
PostSubject: Zekrom help?   Zekrom help? EmptyFri May 10, 2013 10:28 pm

Hey I recently decided to catch the zekrom on my black 2 and thought I would try a less used set. I'm just trying to figure out the last move...

Dual-Screen Zekrom
Reflect
Light screen
Volt switch
Roost/Draco Meter/Outrage/Bolt Strike/Tailwind

Roost provides healing, Draco Meter allows me to go full special on the ev spread so I can give volt switch more power too however outrage is more powerful, Bolt Strike is the most powerful move zekrom has but makes the set lack coverage and ground types would block the set (especially dugtrio), Tailwind adds to the team
Back to top Go down
http://pokemonwars.forumotion.com/
GᴜᴄᴄɪPᴏᴏᴄʜɪᴇ
Cute Couple Davy
GᴜᴄᴄɪPᴏᴏᴄʜɪᴇ

Zekrom help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zekrom help?   Zekrom help? EmptySat May 11, 2013 5:46 pm

First I would ask yourself if you really need the move Volt switch. It's a fantastic move so don't think I'm trying to talk you out of it. (You seem to be going for a dual screen set so leave the other two moves.) If you do without V. switch you can use two of the lower moves instead of one. Secondly, Zekrom is an Uber, and so Dugtrio would be very rare to show up in your tier and so are other ground types. That said I think it would be more or less OK if it had only electric attacks. I've got two move sets I can recommend.

Reflect
Light screen
Volt switch
Roost

If it were me I would try out roost because it just seems like a good idea. I would have to do field testing to see if it's really the best pick though. Ground pkn shouldn't be a big problem for the tier that it's in.

Reflect
Light screen
Bolt Strike
Draco Meter/Outrage

In this case I'm just trying to narrow it down for you in case if you decided against V. switch. Tailwind doesn't seen like a good pick because it already has two other support moves. Bolt Strike is awesome so that's a must have. So now you just have to decide if you want it to be a mixed attacker or a physical one.
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
The Genie
Green Charizard

Zekrom help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zekrom help?   Zekrom help? EmptySat May 11, 2013 6:53 pm

I do wish to keep volt switch cause I can easily bring in a someone else safely using that move as well as scout and I'm sure there are plenty of other uses too.

I caught my zekrom earlier today and go one with great defenses and speed but a calm nature (+ Sp.def, - attack). I also hate going mixed (don't know why I see the wisdom in it but hate doing it) so I'm avoiding physical moves.

Zekrom
Calm (+ Sp.def, - atk)
252 HP, 252 Speed, 4 Sp.def
Reflect
Light Screen
Volt Switch
Roost/Tailwind

I've narrowed it down to roost and tailwind. With roost I can make zekrom last longer and maybe annoy some people by stalling with roost. On the other hand tailwind allows zekrom to be more flexible in how it helps my team. If I need to take hits and stall the opponent I can go defensive with screens however if I want to go on the offense I can make sure I can out speed the opponent with tailwind.

Back to top Go down
http://pokemonwars.forumotion.com/
GᴜᴄᴄɪPᴏᴏᴄʜɪᴇ
Cute Couple Davy
GᴜᴄᴄɪPᴏᴏᴄʜɪᴇ

Zekrom help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zekrom help?   Zekrom help? EmptyMon May 13, 2013 6:32 pm

I could make a long post here like before but I'm busy. I'll sum it up as this.
hes base atk is 150 and his sp atk is 120 so he should be focused as a mixed because of this nature. I see Calm as a bad nature but I would work with it as a mixed if I were you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zekrom help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zekrom help?   Zekrom help? Empty

Back to top Go down

Zekrom help?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Club Deoxys  :: Trainer Corner :: Trainer Corner-
Jump to: